Tuesday, April 5, 2011

C4K # 7, 8, 9, & 10

Susan G Komen

Comment For Kids # 7
This article is about Susan G. Komen For the Cure.  McClung talks about his friend Mr. Lamshed whose students participated in an annual event called Clipper for Cancer.  His students raised money for the McGuinness McDermott Foundation for childhood cancer.  Inspired by Mr. Lamshed, McClung has decided to get involved for a second year in a row.  McClung's and his class will be joining the supporters of breast cancer.   I responded by telling Mr. McClung that it's great that he is part of a fundraiser that has helped so many women, men, and the research for cancer. It's also great how he has encouraged his students to get involve with the fundraiser. I told Mr. McClung that i'm quite sure that his students will always remember this event.


Comment For Kids # 8
This article was written by Trevy who wrote a persuasive writing. Trevy had several topic to choose from. Trevy chose the topic " Animals shouldn't be kept in Zoos". Trevy gave some good reason why. For example Trevy says that "it's cruel to keep defenceless, scared and fascinating animals in zoos". He says that the animals could become domesticated and wouldn't behave how they should in the wild". I didn't know that when animals die in the zoos it's by law that they must be cremated, and that in captivity elephants live only for sixteen or seventeen years, whereas in the wild they live for over seventy years.
In my response I told Trevy that he had an outstanding persuasive blog and that his views were very persuasive and contained arguments that were very concrete. I also told Trevy that the information he wrote was very knowledgeable.

zoo animals touch feel



Comment For Kids # 9
Ms. Yollis has been teaching for twenty-four years. She currently teaches third grade, and has taught fifth grade and combination classes too. Ms. Yollis has a Master's degree in Integrating Technology in the classroom. Ms. Yollis loves to travel. I viewed Mrs. Yollis blogs which are all beyond awesome. I was speechless as to how involved she is with her students, parents, and her blogs. On her post How to Comment I thought this blog was a great review especially for students and even parents if students can use blogging at home. Mrs. Yollis explains what to do in a blog for example students can complement to the writers response or ask questions. She keeps her students identity safe by encouraging the students to use first names only. Meet the bloggers, Mrs. Yollis students seems eager to learn and it's great how the students hobbies include a variety of sports. I also like the concept she use for math it was the Hershey Candy Bar where students could perform fractions by dividing the hershey bar into parts or as a whole. Learn about California is also a great web site. I like how she gives some history about California. This would be a great geograpghy project for students, especially the students who are from another state or country. I wish I had a teacher like Mrs. Yollis when I was in school.

Mrs. Yollis' 3rd grade picture




















Comment For Kids # 10
Adia talks about what her and the other girls in her girl scouts meeting experience with a visit from her friend's grandmother who is from Japan. Adia shared what she had learned about the dolls hair piece. Adia said that the hair piece clip, is gorgeous, but powerful and that women wear it in their hair in case they ever get attacked. This way they can defend themselves. Adia also talked about how they got a chance to try on a Kimono which is a cultural Japanese costume that women wear at fancy celebrations. Adia also talked about how they learned to make sushi. Adia asked if I knew any facts about Japan. I talked about the use of the bicycle.

My response to Adia I told her that It's great that she is a girl scout. It awesome that you and the girls in your troop had the opportunity to learn about interesting facts about Japan. I had the opportunity to visit Japan five years ago it's a wonderful place. I met a friend who is a native of Japan our children were in the same Judo class. We would make sushi using the BAMBOO SUSHI-MAT I thought it was so cool to eat the seaweed while making the sushi. While visiting friends who were also military I had the opportunity to buy and bring home several of the beautiful dolls. I did not know the purpose of the hair clip. It is a clever weapon! The Kimono is attractive and elegant. My daughter has two kimonos, she wore her kimono to an school event which was called "Celebrations of Cultures around the World" she enjoyed wearing her kimono too. A fact about Japan is that bicycles are the most common form of transportation in Japan. Most people in Japan own at least one bike and uses their bike to go to the local market. I think that's Awesome! Adia I have enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the excellent work!

No comments:

Post a Comment