Friday, April 22, 2011

Blog Post # 13

View Image

Alex is a project of the Alabama Department of Education. ALEX stands for Alabama Learnig Exchange and  is design to share many types of educational materials and information as a resource to educators, parents, and students. Alex has several different types of  resources such as Lesson Plans, Web Links, and Interactive Activities. You may view this website at  http://alex.state.al.us/index.php.        

ACCESS which stands for Alabama Connecting Classroom, Educators and Students was launched on November 1, 2004.  I like this website because it provides teachers with additional multimedia and technology tools to enhance instruction, ACCESS also assess initial technology skills of students who are enrolled or who plan to enroll in distance education courses in order to provide the appropriate level of support to the student. You may view this website at http://accessdl.state.al.us/aboutaccess/

When I log onto the ALEX websites my mind was racing faster than a race car.  I was thinking of the ways in which I could use these resources in my class in the near future.This website has so many great resources for teachers to use.  I like the lesson plan section as I viewed some of the lesson plans I came across a lesson plan about Hurricanes, I thought this would be a great lesson using the smartborad presentation. I was amazed at the lesson plans that included technology where K-2 grade does a lesson on learning the basic parts of the computers. I am almost certain I wasn't introduced to computer at that grade level. I also like the web resource where teachers and students have access to websites links about different study areas. For the students weblink I liked the Cool Math.Com website. Most of all I like the Alabama's Podcast Treasury Gallery 360. 

Dr. Strange thank you for introducing me to this website.  I have attached ALEX under favorites on my personal computer and I will definitely add it to my (PLN) Personal Learning Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment