Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Summary Post C4T # 3

http://media.photobucket.com/image/teacher%20logo/cattlecrazy/Myspace/AB8533Time-Spent-Teaching-Posters.jpg?o=15Teacher Logo

Post One posted on March 12, 2011. This article was titled It's all about People! The author J. Hardley talks about lesson plans and states that lesson plans can only go so far. Hardley states that teachers must be willing to change their lesson plans when it's not working for students. Hardley also stated that teachers wear many hats, such as therapists, musicians, and active learners.

I respond saying that "I thought this was an outstanding article" and all teachers should and need to adjust their lesson plans when students are not achieving what is being taught. I also said that teachers must find new ways to keep the interest of their students when lesson plans do not work, because there are many other ways to teach a class besides using lesson plans especially when teachers involve students in the activities.


Post Two was also by J. Hardley posted on March 20, 2011. This article was titled An Hour Of Silence. In this article Hardley explains how she used a techinque called "Quite Time" with her students, she got the idea when she homeschooled her own children. The concept of "Quite Time" is that Mrs. Hardley told her students to take a piece of paper and something to write or draw with and find a place anywhere in the school where they could be quite for an hour. The reason for this is to let the students minds relax and think whatever thoughts they had. The students really enjoyed the new activity. One student commented "I thought more thoughts than I knew I had. Another students commented "I kept changing my mind about what I thought the more time I spent thinking, I was able to see things from different sides. It was really interesting".

I respond saying "I like her idea of Quite Time". I told her that I can tell she teaches from her heart. I also said that her idea gives students the opportunity to express themselves and their minds freely. I said that students are busy changing classes, spending time with friends at recess it's like their little minds are racing like cars and this idea gives students a chance to unwind and relax without any distractions. I said that it's also great that she allow her students to choose what they want to write about or create.

No comments:

Post a Comment