Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blog Post # 7

 picture of Randy Pausch

This vidoe is such an inspirational speech. Randy's video brought tears to my eyes. Randy Pausch is a professor at Carnegie Mellow University who has found out that he has pancreatic cancer. Randy does a final lecture which he calls "Last Lecture". In his lecture he talks about achieving childhood dreams, and enabling the dreams of others.

Randy says that "brick walls are there for a reason". This quote gives me the courage and motaviation to work even harder. I have always struggle with school and has given up at times, but I see that Randy has not let the brick wall of cancer keep him down. Randy also gives some great advice about how to handle feedback, why leadership is important, the benefits of karma, gratitude, and finding the best in everyone. These are all componets of what a great teacher is and does.

Randy talks about enabling the dreams of others. I believe that as a future teacher it is our responsible to make sure that our students have the opportunity to fulfill their dreams. I often find myself complaining about things that causes a distraction in my life. I have learned through Randy that experience is what one get when one don't get what they want.

The end of the video definently explain what Randy has done focusing on others instead of himself. His speech Last Lecture is not for himself, but for his wife, children, students and colleagues.

1 comment:

  1. Randy Puasch's attitude is what I want every teach to have about education and life! He has been such a great influence on me, and I hope he will be to you also.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete