Thursday, February 3, 2011

C4T #1 Comments for Teachers



This article is title "First Day of School in SriLanka" the website to this link is whatedsaid.wordpress.com
This is my summary about the post.
This article was about a group of students starting their first day of school. The article talks about how the school felt like a community because the family of most of the students knew the parents also. The article talks about how involved the students were for example the older students organized the younger students in line formation. The older boys also help wire the sound system and microphone so that the National Anthem could be played. The student all had an opportunity to use the microphone to share songs and movements they had learned in their pre-school classes.
My response to the comment is that I was incrediblely amazed as how happy and enthusiastic the children were about attending school. The school felt like a community because the parents and students knew each other. I think this is great because it helps minimize strees for the students, parents and the teachers. I like how involved the students are I think this builds confidence.

This is my comment about the post First Day of School in SirLanka, the website link is whatedsaid.wordpress.com
This story is incredible. It is amazing how happy and enthusiastic the children are about attending school.It is great when the students know each other I think that it helps minimize the stress on the first day of school for the students, parents and teachers. It is always great to see students happy and excited about attending schools, it shows that teachers are truly involved with the students and their process of learning in school. It is also great to see the students being so involved with the celebrations. This really builds confidence when children are encourage to express and participate in activities such as this.


Comment on the video 10 Ways To Build Resilience: weblink whatedsaid.wordpress.com
I can relate to Jay McTighe four years ago I wanted to learn how to rollerskate. I took skating lesson and was embrassed of falling so much and feeling incompetent to learn this new skill while the younger children pass me by time after time. I like Jay’sconcept about how children probably feel about learning new things when they don’t understand or do not have interest in a particular subject.
As a future teacher this video has enlighten me of what I need to be aware of when teaching my students. The factors are all great examples. I especially like number four statement which states Build a community in the classroom. I believe that without this factor it can create a barrier between the students and the teacher. Thank You for this video.


Summary on the video 10 Ways to build Resilience weblink whatedsaid.wordpress.com
Jay McTighe is a fifty year old male who decided that he wanted to learn something new which is surfing. Jay talks about how afraid he was while learning this new skill, beacause of Jay's persistence he learned how to surf. Jay talks about how students must feel when they are given new tasks to achieve and that as teachers we must be resilience and create a learning enivornment where students feel safe to take risks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirley! I liked your comment for teachers summary! I love reading articles about students in other countries! I also read your post about yourself, and I thought it was wonderful that you saw what you had done in a child's' life, and decided to pursue a degree. I have also worked with kids from ages 3-months to 14 years old. I saw what little things we can do to make the day of a child.
    Best of in your future of teaching!

    ReplyDelete