Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post # 5





The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

Podcast is an excellent resource that benefits students as well as teachers. Last week when I watched the video on Eric Whitacre's Virtual Chior I was amazed and thought to myself this would be great if teachers could use this for their students who miss school, little did I know it is already being used. As a parent I can relate to Emily's situation.  My daughter had hives all over her body, we thought it was chicken pox she did not want to go to the doctor, because she knew she would miss school. As a future teacher using podcast would benefit my students who has asthma, which is the number one reason why students miss school.  Podcast also benefits students who miss school because of snow days.  Teachers can use podcast which will save time trying to review miss work.

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

 It's great to hear and see students so engage with History. These students are third graders and already are knowledgeable about the history of the Romans.  The information told by each student was enlighting. I can see a bright future for students when this type of technology is used in schools.

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

Before taking EDM 310 I had never heard of podcast, after reviewing podcast features I'm speechless.  This is a great way to communicate with families who lives in another state.  I have seen the benefits that podcast has contribute in the educational system.  Third graders are using podcast this new technology is something I can get use too.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Shirley,
    I agree that Eagle's Nest Radio was very impressive. I found it very amazing that third grade students could accomplish so much! It's great that you can use your experience as a parent to think of ways that you could improve your classroom like making podcasts for students who are ill. Keep up the good work!
    Sincerely, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley,

    I'm glad that your find podcasts to be a great classroom tool! Hopefully you'll integrate them into your lessons in your own future classroom. Keep up the good work!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete