Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blog Post #1

a mom,dad and daughter at the beach.My name is Shirley Landrum.  I was born in Butler Alabama which is about two hours north of Mobile.  I have lived in Hawaii ,Virginia, Italy, Maryland, Washington state, Connecticut and I currently live in Ocean Springs Mississippi.  My major is Elementary Education.  I am attending the University of South Alabama because it has a great education program and because I receive a Veterans scholarship. I have been married for nineteen years and I have a  thirteen years old daughter.
     I wanted to entered the field of education because I have worked with children in the Child Development Programs for ten years.  I also did a lot of volunteer work at my daughter's school when she was in elementary school.  About six years ago I decided that I wanted to become a teacher because I saw the difference I made in the lives of preschoolers and realized that I could do the same for children in the elementary school setting.  There is a shortage of good ,dedicated teachers who are willing to make a difference.  I want to become a part of the team that makes a difference.  I love working with children this is my passion because the rewards of making a difference in children's lives is priceless.

2 comments:

  1. You are a very interesting person Shirley! That is amazing how you have lived in so many different places and ended up here at South Alabama. I agree with you about the shortage of good, dedicated teachers. I am glad you are willing to step up and make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you daughter is already taller than you! They do grow up!

    Do you miss Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete